Well what to say about month of May, guess a lot of culture mixed with a lot of
rain. Magnificent Serbian Fest, spectacular Piano Concert and our Easter were
just one after another. Negative impact was injury of Mrs. Olga Matijevic that
we are all missing so much and wishing her fast and full recovery. Getting
back to construction boots business (sviraj sviraj pa I za pojas zadeni, sorry
just cannot be translated) I would summarize the progress of all activities
with a few bullets as well as photos attached:
· Our cross is burned forever under the altar
· A pad preparation and compacting.
· Sub-termite treatment done by AL-FLEX (Alex Napoles Jr.) a free of charge thanks to our President Vaskrsic for this great saving and recommendation.
· Dynaco Soil tests for foundation and also for pad, certificates and the reports.
· Home DEPO, Home DEPO and again HOME Depo a lot of buying and transporting.
· Insulation, plastic separation, a joints, a chairs and cross bars and rebar steel according to the structural drawings
· Laying down electrical pipes and pipes for AC, a big thanks for help to Branko Panic, Miki Sarafijanovic, Sasa Pejdanovski also to Rade & Mr Djoric for finalizing few pipes at the altar spots.
· Coordination and fighting with the weather conditions:
pouring concrete and forming our interior slab and new altar was done under
tremendous pressure and relatively high risk, it was raining basically every
single day and we just got lucky or protected since it is HIS house after all.
· Concrete slab was completed last Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and
everything went extraordinary well including weather conditions.
· Two days before we had inspectors and got all approval and signatures.
· Today our church is getting a final shape, walls are grooving and our
construction is progressing on daily basis (this time it is visible to all).
Big Day for Serbian people, Vidovdan is around the corner and I would like to schedule meeting for this Sunday June 9, 2013 @ 1:30 in order to present financial statement of our building fund and also to prepare the activities for money raising and further plans for church project. Please all members of building committee it would be mandatory to participate and take a lead and role at the event.
Thank you for help and your support for all of you out of town have a good vacation and safe trips whenever you go we miss you guys.
Jovica B. Malesevic, Building Board Committee