The chairman thanked to everyone for time and inspiration and pointed that was wonderful filling to be a member of the group who, at the time of the current economical difficulties and uncertainty worldwide, demonstrated dedication and unselfishness and inspired each other and energized by such a wonderful and spiritual project to build new church here in South Florida. The group motivation is unique and probably we were here in Miami one of the few globe wide and unique in all religions who inspiration and energy found here at our future holly place. It is not only the pleasure but honor to lead the people who inspired each other and shared the energy and ideas.
The members discus the various issues and accepted by all votes in favor the following motions (no one was against or sustained):
· The treasury report with the bank statement on the amount of $83,975 (additional $33,000 promised but not paid yet). The only comment was made to include by statement the amount paid to the architect $5,000 and small check $200 for mail and postal, the total is over $120,000
· Secretary report from the previous meeting was sent together with the invitation with no any comments or discussion.
· The procedure of the payments: all bills will be approved and signed by two member of the building fund, before treasury cut the check and made the payment. It would be important to have at list two technical members to compare the percent of completion with the invoice billed. The church will be built by the technical group from the building fund and leadership of Mr. Dikanovic, for the specific tasks that require skilled labor, the technical group will select and hire the qualified labor. Project and permit will be opened using the architect’s GC license and it was agreed and approved on the previous meeting the compensation for the services on the amount of $3,000 would be paid to the architect.
· The progress of the planes were still according to the schedule. Mr Dobos could not come to present his drawings, his mother was sick, and Carlos Estevez presented everything completed so far. There are some questions to clarify with the architect and meeting would be schedule ASAP to address it and also to see where we were with the structural report.
· To select expeditor for the fast and successful planes approval with the reasonable amount to be paid for services.
· The church official WEB page. Various comments were discussed from the spelling to the coordination and maintenance and administration. The question regarding the Pay Pal on the page and the definition of the account receivable to what account Pay Pal will make payment after collection. On one of the previous meeting the motion passed that all correspondence all public communication will be subject to a proof reading and was decided that all correspondence in Serbian will be sent to Mr. Milosevic and all on English to Mr. Bajic. Evidently that was not the case at list with the text presented on the WEB page. This WEB would represent our Church all of us here in South Florida and the good English and Serbian was a must. Mr. Dikic recommended to the Board Members of the Church to make a motion which was accepted and passed that WEB should be run in the following order:
Mr. Vladimir Djordjevic, Administrator
Prota Svetozar Veselinovic, Religious Calendar and schedules
Mr. Milos Vujovic, The coordinator ALL questions/answers
Mr. Danilo Dikic, English Revisions and editing
Mr. Milosevic, Serbian Revision
Mr. Goran Jovanovic, Building Fund Information
The group is authorized and approved by the both the Church Board and the Building Fund to coordinate, update and actively work on the page to the perfection. The web cannot be dropped or became out of date, the information should be exchanged and the members of the group should act professionally and coordinate to each other till job get done. The absence of anyone is not excuse for WEB since internet is present just about everywhere.
· The Third Serbian Ball organization and the preparation. Mr. Franovick discussed the ball with the question that time was short for good organization and if party would be good substitute. Also to think about the place our building that was not at the level of the event and also there was a lot of problems with acoustics and music since space was not design for musical performances. Also Mr Franovick suggested to postpone it for November. The chairman responded that the best professional available Mr. Ivancevic was consulted and he strongly suggested our building. The pushing the date to November was not acceptable since our bank account would need the pledges and donation all year around. Also the group at the meeting represented the leaders of the community and if leaders were not bringing the events and if they would not raise the bar to the higher level, if they were in an inactive role and if they deserved to lead the community. Also in his opinion the blessing of the foundation of the new church by Bishop Mitrofan and Father Svetozar are for orthodox Christian in South Florida not only the biggest but also historical event and celebration should be for all real believers, lovers of our church and our community. This community most likely would not have ever the event that could be compared with the laying out foundation of the new church. Hard work needed to be completed, organization spread, people delegated and music selected. The event and the ball could be successful only with the well known name in music. The regular and “no names bands” are not reward for donors, they would be rather ripped off with the tickets of $100+/- and we could not afford to underestimate the parishioner and gamble with their generosity. Mr. Kravljanac strongly supported the ball with the statement that long time passed since church had any event organized outside of regular schedules. Mr Dikic also liked idea to bring our organization and function to the next level and we all agreed that we need more and the bigger events, such as folklore competition, functional and representative way of communication with the public and representation of our community with broad-casting and to get out of the box and frame that we cannot do things others were doing on regular bases. Mr. Franovick concluded that Serbian Festival would be an excellent event to present our community and to show our culture and the rich heritage. We all agreed to move on and to use this momentum to set our goals higher and the function of this community to be the more enjoyable place for the benefit of all of us. Some contacts has been made and there is possibility that Mr. Haris Dzinovic would be available for the ball, very preliminary contacts has been made and conversation of possibility and the Board would be informed of the details and the cost associate. Mr Djordjevic and Mr. Panic would also use the opportunity to contact some Serbian musician and Group Odjila is still not out of picture. Mr Penjevic in addition recommended to test our community and try to see what interest for the event would be and then decided what place to use since our building is limited to max of 400 people.
The Third Serbian Ball was accepted as the formal celebration event and our building would be the best place to celebrate and if possible and affordable Mr Dzinovic would be the celebrity very attractive for all groups of our community junior and senior members.
· The old/new business Mr. Penevic discussed various question and phases of construction and plants removal. Also some suggestions were presented.
· The chairman thanked to all with a reminder that all work would be voluntary but at the same time had to be professionally done, all of us need to think before we accept the obligation and it is honest and mature act not to accept anything that we are not going to be able to deliver in timely manner.
· The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 and everybody prayed in memory of Mr. Dikanovic’s father who recently passed away.